ABC 7, Chicago’s Number One station for news, will present the third installment of BLACK OWNED, a series of LIVE interviews spotlighting Chicagoland’s diverse Black-owned business community the week of September 21 on the station’s 11 AM newscast. Anchor Terrell Brown will lead daily discussions with Black business owners representing businesses that include construction, fitness, gynecological services, vegan meals on the go and items to pamper your skin . Terrell Brown and Tanja Babich anchor ABC 7 Eyewitness News in the Morning and at 11 AM. BLACK OWNED will be exclusively streamed live on abc7chicago.com and ABC 7’s connected TV Apps on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and Roku.
The following is the list names/locations of businesses featured during the series, BLACK OWNED:
Monday, September 21
GMA CONTSTRUCTION (Chicago)
- Black owned construction firm, working on projects like “Pullman National Monument,” Old Cook County Hospital and University of Chicago.
Tuesday, September 22
FITNESS DEFINED (Evanston)
- Finding ways to motivate/ exercise through a pandemic.
Wednesday, September 23
The GYNECOLOGY INSTITUTE (South Loop & Hazel Crest)
- Dr Nicole Williams: Doctor helping women locally and in impoverished areas
Thursday, September 24
MOON MEALS (Chicago)
- Provides vegan meals on-the-go.
Friday, September 25
LUXURIOUS LATHERS (Hinsdale/Orland Park)
- 27-year-old entrepreneur specializing in lotions, soaps and salts. Despite stores shutting down, saw big increase in online sales during pandemic/unrest