It is that wonderful time of the year where everyone honors this year’s graduates. Every year loved ones search for gifts to reward academic achievements. Yet, many struggle with what to buy for their graduate. Some people attempt to be over the top and unique. Others simply have no clue of what to get. If you are looking for something to gift your grad, check out the list below:
- Money, the gift that keeps on giving. You can never go wrong with giving a monetary gift. This way, your giftee can purchase whatever they want. If you do not want to give cash, give a gift card.
- Alumni items from their school. Purchasing items for college graduates from their Alma Mater is a great gift for many reasons. Many graduates do not buy these items in advance. They do not want to “jinx” their graduation efforts. Another reason could be a lack of access. The next time they can access alumni gear from the school could be a while. Alumni items purchased from their school are original. They are also gentle reminders of their accomplishment.
- Gift cards for electronics. We live in an era where technology is vital. Everyone needs access to quality electronics. Giving funds for a laptop, new phone, or electronic accessories is a gift anyone can appreciate.
- Dorm Bathroom Essentials. Anyone who has been to college understands the value of receiving bathroom necessities. If you are looking for something unique, check out www.Scentsy.com. This company has a variety of products to help any graduate prep for dorm life. From bathroom cleaners to candles, anyone would be glad to receive a gift from this site.
- Shadowbox Frame. Gifting someone a shadowbox frame is unique and thoughtful. The new graduate can preserve their graduation garments in the shadowbox. Once framed, they can mount them and reminisce.
- Custom Paper Goods. Everyone needs a notebook, pens, note pads, or a calendar. For eccentric paper goods, check out Copper and Brass. This online, black-owned paper goods company has a variety of sticky notes, cards, etc. for people of color. They even have notebooks designed to represent HBCU’s. To shop this site, go to copperandbrass.net
- Graduation Cap Décor. Graduates of all ages decorate their caps. Decorations often represent their personality or their journey. They are also dedicated to a loved one. Giving grads a gift box filled with cap décor will brighten their day.
Whatever you decide to buy be sure to keep these things in mind:
- Be sure your gift is something they can use.
- Be sure it is something they
- Make sure the gift fits the graduate’s personality.
- Make sure the gift is age and occasion-appropriate.
Graduations are milestone events that call for celebration. Many people do not achieve this goal. When selecting your gift be sure it reminds them of their accomplishment. Whatever you decide to give be sure it comes from the heart.
Liz Lampkin is a Lifestyle, Love, and Relationships writer. Follow her on social media @Liz_Lampkin.