POLICE OFFICER TESTING
Applications Available at the Homewood Police Department, 17950 Dixie Highway
The Board of Fire & Police Commissioners of Homewood, IL is accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Police Officer. Eligible applicants must be available with computer and internet access for 2 hours between 5:00 P.M. CST on 10/16/2020 and 5:00 P.M. CST on 10/17/2020 for online written examination.
Starting annual salary is currently $61,833 plus benefits.
• Applicants for examination must be citizens of the United States and/or an alien admitted for permanent residence or lawfully admitted for temporary residence and who produces evidence of intention to become a citizen of the United States.
• Applicants must be of good moral character, of temperate habits, of sound health and must be physically able to perform the duties of the position applied for. The burden of establishing these facts rests upon the applicant.
• Applicants shall be at least 21 and under 35 years of age at such time as they take the initial written examination, unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6. Proof of birth date shall be required at time of application.
• Applicants must have a minimum of sixty (60) college credit hours earned at a certified college or university accredited in the candidate’s field of study by a nationally recognized accrediting agency. Applicants currently certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board who have been with their respective law enforcement agency within the state for at least two (2) years at the time of application are exempt from the education requirement.
• Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
• Applicants must submit a copy of an Illinois POWER (Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report) test card (issued no earlier than October 16, 2019) with their completed application. A POWER test card can be secured at one of the following locations:
Joliet Junior College – https://www.jjc.edu/about-jjc/places-interest/power-testing NIPSTA – https://www.nipsta.org/202/POWER-Test Triton College – https://www.triton.edu/cja/#power
*An extension will be provided to allow for POWER test cards to be submitted no later than October 30, 2020, at 9:00 AM CST for those applicants who have scheduled a POWER test but have not yet completed it.
• Completed applications must be RECEIVED at the Homewood Police Department no later than 9:00 A.M. CST on October 7, 2020.