Can you even count the number of James Brown specials you’ve seen in your lifetime?
On Monday, Oct. 27, HBO will add another one to the mix…and it just might be the granddaddy, or rather godfather, of all JB documentaries.
To make the case, here’s what HBO’s “Mr. Dynamite: The Rise Of James Brown” has working in its favor:
• An Oscar-winning director, Alex Gibney, at the helm.
• Mick Jagger as a producer (fresh from producing the well-received James Brown biopic “Get On Up”).
• Never-before-seen footage, interviews and photographs.
• Interviews with Jagger, Rev. Al Sharpton, Maceo Parker, Clyde Stubblefield, Questlove, Melvin Parker, Chuck D, Alfred “Pee Wee” Ellis, Martha High, Bootsy Collins and Fred Wesley…to name a few.
• Perhaps most important, the documentary was made with the cooperation of the Brown Estate, which opened its archives for the first time.
“Mr. Dynamite: The Rise Of James Brown” premieres Monday (Oct. 27) at 9 p.m. on HBO.
Read more at https://www.eurweb.com/2014/10/hbos-mr-dynamite-the-definitive-james-brown-documentary-trailer/#5JhafGiclQIeAYiK.99