The Chicago Auto Show, the nation’s largest auto show, is back at McCormick Place, Feb. 10-19.
The show promises an immersive experience for attendees. It will feature indoor and outdoor ride-and-drives, along with the return of the popular “Chicago Drives Electric” initiative, which offers test drives and education on electric vehicles.
“The Chicago Auto Show is a cornerstone event for the city, and we are excited to open our doors again this winter, welcoming attendees to experience the latest vehicles, technology and activations,” said Chicago Auto Show Chairman JC Phelan.
“The momentum is strong for the 2024 show,” said Chicago Auto Show Co-General Manager Jennifer Morand. “With a steady year-over-year attendance growth of 50 percent building back out of the pandemic, we’re perfectly positioned to continue to offer a premier attendee experience. The show generates consumer interest and excitement for new vehicles, kicking off the spring market for the local new-car dealers we support.”
“Whether or not you are in the market for a new vehicle, the show has something for everyone and is the perfect indoor escape from the harsh Chicago February weather,” Phelan added.
One of the focal points of the 2024 show is the Chicago Drives Electric initiative, which will feature an indoor EV test track, allowing attendees to experience the power of electric vehicles firsthand.
Dave Sloan, co-general manager of the show, highlighted the event’s importance as a platform for consumers to explore EVs.
“The debate continues about the growth of the electric vehicle segment in the U.S. market, but there’s no better proving ground for consumers to test EVs than an event as interactive as the Chicago Auto Show,” said Dave Sloan, co-general manager of the show.
The 2024 show will host special themed days, including:
- Game Day at the Auto Show on Sunday, Feb. 11 (wear your favorite sports team apparel for a discount)
- Automotive Career Day on Tuesday, Feb. 13 (students of all ages are encouraged to learn more about various careers within the automotive industry through a series of presentations and activations; special ticket price offered for advanced sales at $10 per ticket)
- Chicago Auto Show Food Drive held Wednesday-Friday, Feb. 14-16 (bring three cans of food for A Safe Haven’s Food Bank and get a $5 voucher off regular admission)
- First Responders & Military Appreciation Day on Wednesday, Feb. 14 (present your applicable ID for a $5 voucher off regular admission)
- Family Day on Monday, Feb. 19 (The Daily Herald hosts a day of family fun and programming; Presidents Day also means a school holiday for many children)
The 2024 Chicago Auto Show will continue to feature beloved events that animate the show floor, including the highly anticipated Chicago Friday Night Flights, an opportunity for attendees to sample local craft beers. Additionally, the Toyota Miles Per Hour run will return, allowing runners to traverse a 2.4-mile loop within McCormick Place and providing a unique perspective of the auto show before its doors open to the public.
For More Information
What: The 2024 Chicago Auto Show
Where: McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois
When: Saturday, Feb. 10 – Monday, Feb. 19 (Presidents Day), Open everyday at 10 a.m. Closes at 9 p.m. (Sunday, Feb. 11 at 6 p.m. & Feb. 19 at 8 p.m.)
Ticket Info: Adults $17, Seniors $12, Kids aged 4-12 $12, Kids age 3 and under free. Buy Tickets McCormick Place Show Box Office or tickets.drivechicago.com/
For more information visit www.chicagoautoshow.com