Aetna Better Health of Illinois, the Medicaid managed care business of Aetna®, a CVS Health® company (NYSE: CVS), donated over $26,000 to back-to-school initiatives and 25,750 school supplies to community organizations throughout Illinois.
By collaborating with 12 community partners, Aetna was able to directly supply thousands of children in need with backpacks, pencils, pens, folders, notebooks, crayons and color pencils. Additionally, the health plan distributed 5,000 masks to School District 89, serving the Maywood, Melrose Park and Broadview communities.
“While going back to school is often an exciting time for children, the financial requirements can be very stressful for some families,” said Kim Foltz, CEO, Aetna Better Health of Illinois. “Helping kids start the school year with supplies of their own allows parents and their children to focus on what’s most important—learning.”
Direct beneficiaries of Aetna Better Health of Illinois’ donations and sponsorships include:
- 4th Annual Back-to-School Bash by Imperfect Angels
- A Ministry of Restoration
- Back-to-School Vaccine and School Supply Giveaway by Congressman Chuy Garcia, State Representative Edgar Gonzalez, Jr., State Senator Celina Villanueva and Alderman Mike Rodriguez
- Catholic Charities
- Chicago Defender Charities (Bud Billiken Parade)
- Congressman Danny Davis Annual Back-to-School Event
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Dr. Hearty’s Back to School Event at Heartland Health
- Due Better Now
- Family Christian Health Center
- Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church
- New Community Outreach
- Patriots Gateway Community Center
- Renew Chicago
- School District 89
- Shawnee Worship Center
- Suite Little Feet School for Early Learners
- Waukegan Housing Authority—Armory Terrace Community Building
- WIT Scholars, LLC
Aetna Better Health of Illinois offers quality, affordable health care to individuals through the State’s HealthChoice Illinois Medicaid program. The health plan serves nearly 400,000 members in 102 counties.
For more information about Aetna Better Health of Illinois, visit their website.