ABC 7 presents DO YOU HEAR ME? A DISCUSSION ABOUT RACE, a half-hour town hall scheduled on Juneteenth, a holiday which recognizes the era of slavery coming to an end in America. EYEWITNESS NEWS Anchor/Reporter Cheryl Burton will moderate a panel discussion with Chicago area leaders about the growing call for change after the death of George Floyd and what the next chapter will be in the struggle for racial equity, Friday, June 19 at 6:30 PM on ABC 7 Chicago. The discussion will continue online at 7:00 PM.
“Juneteenth is a day to be celebrated and acknowledged for its importance to the history of our country. We at ABC 7 wanted to present a special program to continue the conversation about race in America today,” said John Idler, President and General Manager, ABC 7 Chicago.
DO YOU HEAR ME? A DISCUSSION ABOUT RACE will exclusively stream live on ABC7chicago.com, Facebook Live, YouTube, ABC 7’s app, and ABC 7’s connected TV apps on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV and Roku.
Panelists for the discussion include the following:
- Otis Moss III, Pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ
- Aislinn Pulley, one of the founders of Black Lives Matter Chicago
- Xavier Ramey, CEO of Justice Informed
- Heather Dalmage, Sociology Professor at Roosevelt University and Director of the Mansfield Institute for Social Justice
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/abc7chicago
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abc7Chicago/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/abc7Chicago/