CJ Pearson insisted that if Martin Luther King were alive today, the civil rights icon would not only support President Trump, he would actively cheer him on. The 15-year-old former Republican apparently felt it was necessary to deliver that message to his more than 73,000 Twitter followers in a video released Monday – the national King holiday.
“I would argue that President Trump has led a presidency that Martin Luther King would be proud of,” said the 15-year-old, who first made a name for himself criticizing President Obama a few years ago. “It’s kind of funny to say, because everyone in the media, everyone on the left, is hellbent on accusing this president of being a racist, a bigot and all these other baseless accusations that have no merit at all.”
Pearson, of course, made no mention of any of the overtly racist behavior from our president, such as his most recent comments about Haitians and Africans, or even the tax plan that was expected to wreak havoc on both the middle and lower classes. Instead, the YouTuber who Time called an “activist” ran down a revisionist list of what he said Trump has done for Black people – work that Pearson insisted King would be proud of.
“[Trump] is doing what Martin Luther King implored us to do: to look past the color of one’s skin and instead look to the content of one’s character,” he misguidedly said. “This is a president who has done more for Black folks in a year than President Obama did in eight years!”
Pearson’s renown began in 2015 with a video questioning Obama’s commitment to keeping American safe, but his online celebrity status took off after he chided the 44th president for extending a White House invitation to a Muslim student in Texas who created a clock before his racist teacher thought it was a bomb.
“But when a Muslim kid builds a clock? Come on by,” Pearson said in the video, also released in 2015.
Although he’s still young and there is still time for him to realize the errors in his ways, Pearson’s delusions have blinded him from seeing the president in a racist light.
“You wanna tell me that President Trump doesn’t like Black people?” he asked rhetorically in Mondays video.”President Trump has done more for Black people than Obama wished to do and could do. And that is the truth.”
He continued, pointing in the camera: “[Trump] is doing what Martin Luther King implored us to do: to look past the color of one’s skin and instead look to the content of one’s character. President Trump and Martin Luther King are two birds of the same feather.”
Correction: The original version of this article referred to Pearson as homophobic because of a podcast titled “The Queers Are Destroying America” that was attributed to him. Pearson contacted NewsOne.com to say he has never created a podcast. The text has been updated to reflect that correction.
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
Conservative Teen Challenges Ben Carson For Title Of Most Delusional Black Trump Supporter was originally published on newsone.com