Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween interrupted the Hollywood status quo for the second consecutive week, beating out another should-have-been blockbuster, and hauling in $16.7 million for a total of $52 million.
The Lionsgate film has nearly tripled in earnings the $20 million budget to make the film. The Tyler Perry comedy’s victory is an upset. Heading into the weekend, Inferno was to make $20 million—a figure that easily would have secured it a first place finish.
“Jack Reacher: Never Go Back” snagged third place with roughly $9.6 million. The Tom Cruise thriller has earned $39.7 million in two weeks of release. Fourth place went to Warner Bros.’ “The Accountant,” which added $8.5 million to its $61.3 million haul. “Ouija: Origin of Evil” rounded out the top five, earning $7.1 million to bring its domestic total to $24.6 million.
Top 10 at the box office ending Sunday, Oct. 30:
- Boo! A Madea Halloween, $16.7 million.
- Inferno, $15 million.
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, $9.6 million.
- The Accountant, $8.5 million.
- Ouija: Origin of Evil, $7.1 million.
- The Girl on the Train, $4.3 million.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, $4 million.
- Keeping Up With the Joneses, $3.4 million.
- Storks, $2.8 million.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, $2.1 million.
Tyler Perry’s ‘Boo! A Madea Halloween’ wins box office crown again was originally published on atlantadailyworld.com