Two colleges near Atlanta made the Forbes choices for top colleges for 2016.
The Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) is ranked No. 15 (No. 89 if you include private colleges), while the University of Georgia stands firmly at No 17 in the nation (No. 95 overall.
Forbes collaborated with the Washington, D.C.-based Center for College Affordability and Productivity to rank the schools.
The CCAP used five general categories to determine the rankings:
- Student satisfaction
- Post-graduate success
- Student debt
- Graduation rate
- Academic success
Forbes’ picks for the The Top 5 public colleges are:
- S. Military Academy (No. 14 overall)
- United States Naval Academy (No. 24 overall)
- United States Air Force Academy (No. 35 overall)
- University of Virginia (No. 36 overall)
- College of William and Mary (No. 38 overall)
Click here to view a slideshow of the Top 25.
Photos: Georgia Institute of Technology; University of Georgia
Two Georgia universities among Forbes’ 2016 Top 25 public colleges in the U.S. was originally published on atlantadailyworld.com