20th Annual True Family Values Banquet to Honor Midwest Public Servants Saturday
Chicago, IL – Legendary broadcaster and church-builder Dr. Royce Cornelius will be one among many public servants from throughout the Midwest honored at noon on Saturday, December 5, at the 20th Annual True Family Values Ministry Awards Banquet at the Crowne Plaza O’Hare, 5440 N. River Rd., Rosemont, IL.
Cornelius, who began broadcasting in 1971, currently hosts “Mountaintop Meditation” from WBGX 1570 AM/Chicago. Some clergy in Chicago credit Royce’s radio shows for their decisions to enter ministry as a vocation.
Other awardees include:
- Marine Corps veteran and former Chicago Alderman James Balcer who served in the Chicago City Council and Office of Veterans Affairs for over 17 years.
- Miss Illinois Latina, Priscilla Perez, 24, a graduate of Columbia College with a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Dance who plans to start an organization geared towards assisting families who have lost children to Chicago gun violence.
- Minister Fannie Smith, human rights activist and chapter co-chairperson of the Women’s Federation for World Peace.
- Evangelist and Educator Greta Myers, Founder of Love Train Women’s Ministry and the Christian Care Organization.
- Mrs. Judith Crane Ross, Chicago civic educator.
Several of the award recipients hail from neighboring states. Mr. V. J. Smith, a Minneapolis community advocate for drug-free youth and character education. Smith has led MAD DADS (Men Against Destruction, and Defending Against Drugs and Social-disorder) since 1998. Father Lawrence Ventline, Detroit advocate for interfaith community engagement and founder of Catholic Care of the Soul and Companions Counseling.
Mr. Takashi Takenaka, owner of six seafood businesses and community advocate in Columbus, OH.
Bishop Godfrey Stubbs, founder of End-Time Ministries, International in Madison, WI and End-Time Ministries, International in Madison, WI in Madison and Dane County Supervisor since 2006.
For 20 years, the True Family Values Ministry of Chicago has sponsored an awards banquet to honor individuals and families for their exemplary service to the betterment of society as a testament to the ideal of living for the sake of others.
This year’s keynote address will be given by Dr. Sun Jin Moon, president of Family Federation for World Peace and Unification International, who will share a message from Dr. Hak Ja Han Moon, wife of Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon and co-founder of FFWPU International.
The sponsors will also conduct a leadership forum entitled “America at a Turning Point” before the banquet from 9:00 AM. The forum will feature presentations and discussion led by Roman Catholic, Protestant, Muslim and Unificationist leaders on issues related to interfaith cooperation, marriage and family, and youth engagement in meeting social challenges in America and the world.