As you rush to fulfill that Mother’s Day gift order, know that you are far from alone in the shopping line.
Offers.com surveyed more than 1,000 adults to track how Mother’s Day spending is changing. Here’s a summary of their findings:
- The average adult will spend $120 on Mother’s Day (gifts + events).
- 73% of those buying a gift will spend $59 on average.
- 60% of those buying flowers will spend $45 on average.
- When asked which Mother’s day gifts they’d like to receive, most moms chose experiences over material gifts.
- The top 3 gifts: massages (21%), meals (20%), and flowers (20%)
- Gifts that ranked high in other countries but were less popular with U.S. moms included gift cards (17%), jewelry (14%), and electronics (8%)
- The majority of U.S. adults (62%) say they plan to buy flowers for Mother’s Day
- Of those buying flowers, they’ll spend an average of $45.
- The majority (48%) plan to spend $50 or less, 9% will spend between $50 and $100, only 5% plan to spend more than $100
- More men (66%0 will buy flowers than women (58%).
Top 10 Mother’s Day shopping facts you want to know was originally published on atlantadailyworld.com