Atlanta Dream rookie point guard Shoni Schimmel is owner of the WNBA’s top-selling jersey, the league office announced this week.
Schimmel, who was one of the college’s most popular players while at the University of Louisville, heads up the list of top jersey sellers that includes basketball luminaries Skylar Diggins of the Tulsa Shock, Elena Delle Donne of the Chicago Sky, MayaMoore of the Minnesota Lynx and Candace Parker of the Los Angeles Sparks.
The results are based on WNBAStore.com sales since the start of the 2014 regular season.
It has been a fruitful month for Schimmel. She and teammate, superstar Angel McCoughtry, were voted starters in the WNBA All-Star Game to be played Sunday in Phoenix.
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR PLAYER JERSEYS:
1. Shoni Schimmel, Atlanta Dream
2. Skylar Diggins, Tulsa Shock
3. Elena Delle Donne, Chicago Sky
4. Maya Moore, Minnesota Lynx
5. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks
6. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
7. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
8. Stefanie Dolson, Washington Mystics
9. Kayla McBride, San Antonio Stars
10. Bria Hartley, Washington Mystics
Atlanta Dream Rookie Shoni Schimmel Has Top Selling WNBA Jersey was originally published on atlantadailyworld.com