Kelly Price is no shrinking violet! She has seen a lot! She is a survivor who fights for others as hard as she fought for herself.
In the late ’90s, both her mother and her mother-in-law were diagnosed with breast cancer. Fortunately, her mother is in remission, but sadly in October 1999, Kelly lost her mother-in-law. “It made me realize how finite we are,” says Kelly.
The crisis of losing her mother-in-law sparked her to lose a total of 100 pounds for health reasons, something she had never done to meet industry standards. When her mother-in-law died, depression set in. The pressure and stress set in and initially caused her to lose weight. While not the healthiest weight loss program, Kelly realized she needed to focus on her personal health.
At that point, Kelly was over 200 pounds and the extra weight was beginning to compromise her voice, her performance and her ability to do simple things, like play with her kids.
“I wanted to run behind my kids and play with them and not feel like I’m about to pass out,” she says. She started eating sensibly and walking on her 2 ½ acre property. Kelly says once she pulled herself out of her depression, she was able to take control of her life.
Kelly chatted with us about her charity work. Be inspired by her words!
D0n’t miss any of these revealing interviews:
- An Intimate Conversation With Danny Gokey [VIDEO]
- Tahiry Remembers Broke Days With Joe Budden [EXCLUSIVE]
- Alexis Spight: Live Right Now [LIVE PERFORMANCE]
- Tamela Mann Cries & Reveals Intimate Details Of Her Love For David
- Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell: “It Just Takes A Health Scare & You Change!” [EXCLUSIVE]
- Watch Surprise Performance By Donnie McClurkin And Kelly Price At Oscar Event [VIDEO]
The Other Side Of Kelly Price: A Complicated Woman With Huge Heart [VIDEO] was originally published on elev8.com