Body shapers perform mini-miracles when we wear them. From maximum control cinchers that create dramatic change to leggings that reduce the appearance of cellulite, shapewear is quickly becoming a wardrobe staple that can tackle a variety of problem areas. In case you need more convincing, I chatted with the shapewear experts at Hourglassangel.com, a leading online shopping destination for slimming and shaping needs, to give us five reasons why we all should wear shapewear and dress yourself thin.
1. For maximum curve creation, look for latex like found in the ShapeBand. The Power Latex core of this type of garment creates maximum compression in your midsection. Of course, many garments also use varying amounts of latex to create shaping, so looking for this in the construction of shapewear is a good place to start. It will reduce your midsection by 1-3 inches immediately, allowing you to look up to three sizes thinner. Plus, some users wearing the ShapeBand for 8-10 hours a day for 30 days report sustained reduction of 1-4 inches in the midsection.
2. Next time you are shopping for shapewear, choose an underbust style garment. Underbust shapers like the SlimVest rise to the area just below your bra. This style of shaper has several benefits that you might not have thought of. First, the garment supports your bust, giving an instant lift and push up effect. Secondly, the result is an overall leaner and longer look.
3. Compression is a good thing when you’re shopping for a shaper. Shapewear is an easy way to get rid of that muffin top and unwanted bulges. But, while you are wearing a garment for these reasons, the one area you may not want to compress is the bottom. In fact, many shapers feature special rear rounding designs that are meant to lift your tush, while reducing back and stomach bulge. The Alexandra by Vedette is one of our favorites.
4. How about shapewear with built-in weight loss support? Choose the right garment and the shaping may last longer than you think. Garments with thermal latex panels or designs can increase thermal activity in the core, increasing blood flow and moving toxins. Studies have shown sustained loss of inches with long-term use. Check out the Rubberflex Lined Shaper Girdle by Co’Coon to give this trend a try.
5. Lose the lumps and bumps. Some of the most effective non-surgical treatments for cellulite come in the form of garments you can wear. Anti-cellulite shapers use techniques like micro-massage and there are even enfused garments to smooth and create more even toned skin. Capri Leggings With Bio-Crystals by Co’Coon is a winner.
Follow me at @gorgeousingrey!
MORE ON STYLE & BEAUTY:
Style Stalking: See Jill Scott's Best Looks
1. Style Stalking: 43 & Fabulous, See Jill Scott's Best Looks1 of 44
2. Jill Scott attends the 2015 Black Girls Rock Awards ShowSource:Getty Images/Gilbert Carrasquillo 2 of 44
3. Jill Scott attends the 4th annual ESSENCE Black Women In Music event3 of 44
4. Jill Scott attends the HBO after party at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards4 of 44
5. Jill Scott attends the Hollywood Reporter's 21st annual Women In Entertainment breakfast5 of 44
6. Jill Scott attends Lifetime's Steel Magnolias Premiere Event6 of 44
7. Jill Scott arrives at Clive Davis and The Recording Academy's 2013 Pre-GRAMMY Gala7 of 44
8. Jill Scott walks the red carpet at the 2013 Delete Blood Cancer Gala8 of 44
9. Jill Scott attends the Roc Nation Pre-GRAMMY Brunch9 of 44
10. Jill Scott arrives at the 43rd NAACP Image Awards10 of 44
11. Jill Scott attends BET Honors 201211 of 44
12. Jill Scott walks the red carpet at 2011 VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul12 of 44
13. Jill Scott attends the 5th Annual ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood Luncheon13 of 44
14. Jill Scott walks the red carpet at the 2nd Annual Mary J. Blige Honors Concert14 of 44
15. Jill Scott attends the premiere of "Why Did I Get Married Too?"15 of 44
16. Jill Scott poses for a portrait during the 41st NAACP Image Awards16 of 44
17. Jill Scott attends the premiere of Fox Searchlight Pictures' "Baggage Claim"17 of 44
18. Jill Scott is all smiles at the 17th Annual Urbanworld Film Festival18 of 44
19. Jill Scott walks the red carpet at the 6th Annual ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood Awards Luncheon19 of 44
20. Jill Scott arrives at the 4th Annual ASCAP Rhythm and Soul Grammy Brunch20 of 44
21. Jill Scott visits BET's "106 and Park"21 of 44
22. Jill Scott arrives at VH1's "VH1 Storytellers Presents: Jill Scott Live" After Party22 of 44
23. Jill Scott poses in costume in the press room at the 43rd annual NAACP Image Awards23 of 44
24. Jill Scott arrives at the 2011 Black Girls Rock! Awards24 of 44
25. Jill Scott attends the Grey Goose Presents The Jill Scott Experience Pre-BET Awards Party25 of 44
26. Jill Scott arrives at the Sony/BMG Music Entertainment 2005 After GRAMMY Awards Party26 of 44
27. Jill Scott walks the red carpet at the 2011 BET Awards27 of 44
28. Jill Scott is spotted in New York City28 of 44
29. Jill Scott attends the 8th Annual Soul Train "Lady Of Soul" Awards29 of 44
30. Jill Scott arrives at the 4th Annual ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood Luncheon30 of 44
31. Jill Scott walks the red carpet at the 5th Annual Black Girls Rock! Awards31 of 44
32. Jill Scott arrives at the 2010 Essence Music Festival32 of 44
33. Jill Scott arrives at the 41st NAACP Image Awards33 of 44
34. Jill Scott poses in the press room at the 50th Annual GRAMMY Awards34 of 44
35. Jill Scott attends Debra Lee's 2008 BET Awards Dinner35 of 44
36. Jill Scott arrives at the 2nd Annual Shortlist Music Awards Concert36 of 44
37. Jill Scott walks the red carpet at the 45th Annual GRAMMY Awards37 of 44
38. Jill Scott hosts the "Real Thing" Cocktail Reception38 of 44
39. Jill Scott attends the "Why Did I Get Married?" Screening39 of 44
40. Jill Scott arrives at Lionsgate's Premiere Of "Why Did I Get Married?"40 of 44
41. Jill Scott attends "Dave Chappelle's Block Party" New York City Premiere41 of 44
42. Jill Scott poses at a Barnes and Noble in-store appearance42 of 44
43. Jill Scott attends the inaugural Grammy Jam Fest43 of 44
44. Jill Scott arrives at the 16th Annual Essence Awards44 of 44
5 Reasons to Wear Shapewear & Be Thinner by Dinner was originally published on hellobeautiful.com