Beyonce is full of surprises these days and she her latest impromptu move took place at a Walmart store in Tewksbury, Mass. yesterday.
According to reports, the multi-platinum-selling superstar ambushed shoppers at the megastore and sent out a big hello to everyone on the speaker system.
Queen Bey even started a little Christmas shopping of her own. Along with purchasing her new self-titled album, the 32-year-old mother picked up a toy for daughter Blue Ivy and left each customer with a holiday gift! Every person in crowd received a $50 gift card, a total of 750 cards worth $37,500. Inside each gift card read: “Happy Holidays from Beyoncé.”
MUST READ: BOW DOWN: 2013 Was The Year Of Beyonce
“Beyonce just hit up wal mart and purchased everyone in the store $50 gift cards. Beyonce for president,” one Instagram user posted with the following photo.
Mrs. Carter’s grand gesture came just days after Walmart’s competitor Target revealed they would not carry Beyonce’s fifth studio album in stores.
“At Target we focus on offering our guests a wide assortment of physical CDs, and when a new album is available digitally before it is available physically, it impacts demand and sales projections,” spokesperson Erica Julkowski said in a statement. “While there are many aspects that contribute to our approach and we have appreciated partnering with Beyonce in the past, we are primarily focused on offering CDs that will be available in a physical format at the same time as all other formats. At this time, Target will not be carrying Beyonce’s new self-titled album ‘Beyonce.’”
Bey definitely retaliated in the classiest of ways. Take that, Target!
According to reports, Mrs. Carter is also attending a release party and screening for Beyonce at the School of Visual Arts Theater in New York City tonight (Saturday, December 21). We can’t wait to see if she has any more surprises in store!
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Check Out This Gallery
BOW DOWN: 2013 Was The Year Of Beyonce
1. Whew! What a Year!1 of 30
2. February: Superbowl SHUT DOWN2 of 30
3. February: Destiny's Child Reunited3 of 30
4. February: Still Slaying Even Without A Gown4 of 30
5. February: Life Is But A Dream Debuts5 of 30
6. February: Bey Gets Oprah's Stanship6 of 30
7. February: GQ Cover Slays Newsstands7 of 30
8. March: "I Been On/Bow Down" Releases8 of 30
9. March: Vogue's 'Power' Issue9 of 30
10. March: Shape Magazine Cover10 of 30
11. April: Bey's Nippy Bodysuit11 of 30
12. April: Kicks Off The Epic "The Mrs. Carter World Tour"12 of 30
13. April: Pepsi Max Unveils Global Beyonce Campaign13 of 30
14. April: H&M Launches Swimsuit Campaign14 of 30
15. May: Anniversary Trip to Cuba15 of 30
16. May: One Glass of Wine Shuts Down All Rumors16 of 30
17. May: Met Gala17 of 30
18. May: Beyonce Cover British Vogue18 of 30
19. June: Headlines 'Chime For Change'19 of 30
20. August: Shatters Instagram With Short 'Do20 of 30
21. August: Pixie Cut Turns Into A Blunt Bob At V Festival21 of 30
22. August: Budweiser Made In America Festival Benefiting The United Way22 of 30
23. September: Watch The Throne! Jay & Bey Top Forbes' Richest Couple List23 of 30
24. October: The Photobomb That Really Wasn't24 of 30
25. November: The Quiet Before The Storm25 of 30
26. December: Bey Ousts Kim As Bings' Most Searched Celeb26 of 30
27. December: Beyoncé27 of 30
28. December: Bey Shops It Up At Walmart, Clearly Ignores Target28 of 30
29. December: Bey Attends Her Visual Album Screening29 of 30
Beyonce Makes Surprise Walmart Visit & Starts Her Christmas Shopping was originally published on hellobeautiful.com