Leave a comment

Police and fire investigators in Chicago were trying to determine whether a South Side house fire that claimed the life of a 2-year-old boy was sparked by children playing with a lighter.

Police and fire investigators in Chicago were trying to determine whether a South Side house fire that claimed the life of a 2-year-old boy was sparked by children playing with a lighter. The Cook County Medical Examiner’s office says Jaquin Roby died from carbon monoxide intoxication he suffered in the Saturday night fire at his family’s home. Police say the toddler’s 14-year-old brother called 911 about 8:15 p.m. to report the blaze in the two-story frame house. Fire Department spokesman Joe Roccasalva says that when firefighters arrived, the whole front of the house was burning. Authorities say that the blaze appears to have begun in a mattress. ______ Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Also On The Chicago Defender:
Chicago is new fashion mecca for ethnic wear
34 photos
comments – add yours
×