Photos: 100 Black Men of Chicago Hosts "A Night at the Museum"
1. 100bmc-all-white-party-911 of 15
2. 100bmc-all-white-party-912 of 15
3. 100bmc-all-white-party-237-copy3 of 15
4. 100bmc-all-white-party-2394 of 15
5. 100bmc-all-white-party-2435 of 15
6. 100bmc-all-white-party-2756 of 15
7. 100bmc-all-white-party-2687 of 15
8. 100bmc-all-white-party-2698 of 15
9. 100bmc-all-white-party-2679 of 15
10. 100bmc-all-white-party-268-110 of 15
11. 100bmc-all-white-party-26311 of 15
12. 100bmc-all-white-party-9212 of 15
13. 100bmc-all-white-party-9113 of 15
14. 100bmc-all-white-party-6014 of 15
15. 100bmc-all-white-party-24015 of 15
100 Black Men of Chicago hosted “A Night at the Museum” — an all-white party held Saturday, Aug. 6 at the Museum of Science and Industry to raise money for its mentoring programs. Democratic nominee for Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx and Chicago City Treasurer Kurt Summers served as honorary chairs and Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle was also in attendance.
The organization, which established its local chapter in 1994, has programs for Chicago’s Black youth throughout the city and extending to the South and West suburbs. Its mission is to “improve the quality of life and enhance the educational opportunities of African-American males throughout the Greater Chicago area.”
One of 100 Black Men of Chicago’s most significant initiatives is its annual college fair. Described as its signature event, the fair attracts over 200 colleges and universities as well as an estimated 4,000 students, parents, teachers, and education partners.
The 14th Annual College Scholarship Fair will be held Saturday, October 8, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the UIC Pavilion. For more information, to register as a recruiter, or to register a student, visit 100bmc.org/csf.