Hollywood star power will join the vast brain power in attendance at the 2014 National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) Conference and Exposition in Atlanta in September.
Basketball legend-turned-legendary businessman Earvin “Magic” Johnson, two-time Oscar-winning actor Denzel Washington and beloved “Good Morning America” anchor Robin Roberts will make appearances during the the 36th annual NBMBAA Conference at the Georgia World Congress Center in downtown Atlanta from Sept. 16-20, 2014. This year’s theme is “The Art of Leadership: Inspiration, Innovation and Collaboration.”
According to host Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed, who welcomed the esteemed national organization during a press conference at Atlanta City Hall, the 12,000 people attending the NBMBAA Conference are expected to bring in nearly $20 million to the economy of the Capital of the New South.
Among the highlights of the 36th Annual NBMBAA Conference include:
- Magic Johnson, the Hall of Fame basketball player-turned-multifaceted business mogul, will be interviewed by Atlanta’s own Mayor Kasim Reed;
- An advanced screening of the motion picture Equalizer, starring Denzel Washington, at Georgia State University. The revered actor is reportedly going to appear at the screening;
- “Good Morning America” cohost Robin Roberts, the daughter of a Tuskegee Airman who flew missions during World War II, will be the keynote speaker at the Entreprenurial and Leadership Institutes Plenary on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014.
- Legendary deejay Spinderella of Salt-N-Pepa fame will crank it up during the NBMBAA Conference’s Red Zone opening night welcome, playing a mix of old-school and new-school music. Big Tigger, who came to fame at BET, will emcee the affair.
- Red Heats Community Project at the GWCC, sponsored by the likes of Chick-Fil-A, where people can bring in toiletries and other items for the underprivileged.
- Red Hot Block Party, at the GWCC where they will have music food, good spirits, music live band, food from local vendors, and special celebrity guests.
For more information on the 36th Annual National Black MBA Association Conference and Exposition, and to register, log onto nbmbaaconference.org, or check out the host Atlanta chapter at www.atlbmba.org.