The 22-year-old St. Louis-born, Chicago-bred artist says there have been lots of people and experiences throughout her life that have ushered her to where she is today but the one defining moment that sent her on a profound inward journey was one born out of loss.
“My aunt passed away in 2011 and I don’t know why but that experience really got to me, I re-evaluated where I was in my life and whether I was in alignment or not. I realized that I wasn’t and it all had to do with my music.”
Armed with years of advice from her parents and sisters, the spiritual teachings of her grandmother (and namesake), the influence of her mentor/ producer Fred “Blaze” Crawford, and the calling from the highest power of all, Adia decided to share her journey, through music, with the release of her debut CD “Behind Enemy Lines” (Xist/Malaco) is a treasure trove of songs that are not only message-driven but artistic, engaging, and entertaining. Adia is now ready to share all of her inspiration, all of her experiences and every tiny step of her journey with listeners. She wants her music to show people what real life looks like, how real faith works and how music — in its most real and honest form — can help to lighten loads and transform lives.
Share this video with the young ladies in your life as they head off to prom season.
Make sure to watch:
- Congratulations! Damita Haddon Ties The Knot And Donnie McClurkin Officiates
- Livre “Amazing” [NEW MUSIC]
- Elev8tion With Sunday Best Alum Danetra Moore: ‘Find Your Light In The Dark’
- Eddie James “That Same Spirit” [NEW MUSIC]
- Mississippi Mass Choir Feat. Stan Jones & Le’andria Johnson “God’s On Your Side” [NEW MUSIC VIDEO]
- Patrick Dopson “God Is” [NEW MUSIC]
Like Elev8 On Facebook To Enrich Your Mind, Body & Soul!