Cooking Class Explosion Hurts 5, One Seriously, At Chicago High School

Comments:  | Leave A Comment

The Chicago Fire Department says five students were burned — one seriously — after a flash explosion during a high school cooking class.

Fire Department spokesman Larry Langford says four students at Northside College Prep High School were taken to hospitals after gas ignited in a biology lab while students were heating hot chocolate. The gas caused “a flash” explosion.

A fifth student declined treatment.

Sprinklers extinguished the fire that was reported around 10:30 a.m. The 1,000-student school was briefly evacuated.

Langford says the most seriously injured student received burns to the face, neck and arms.

For more, click here.

Tags: » » » »

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 298 other followers