Just when you thought the story surrounding Aaron Hernandez couldn’t get any darker or more sinister, Rolling Stone delivers some intriguing details surrounding the former New England Patriots player and his life leading up to his current incarceration.
UPDATE: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 11:35 p.m. ET
Rolling Stone released the full story, which you can read at their official website.
End of Update—
On Monday, the magazine’s official website published an article that serves as a tease for its new issue and the piece written by contributing editor Paul Solotaroff titled “The Gangster in the Huddle,” which centers on Hernandez’s life and the people he surrounded himself with.
Here is what the website asserts will be included in the upcoming piece.
ernandez was a heavy user of angel dust, and had become so paranoid over the last year that he carried a gun wherever he went.
• He surrounded himself with a cohort of gangsters, and cut himself off from his family and teammates.
• Hernandez had so infuriated his head coach, Bill Belichick, with missed practices and thug-life stunts, that he was one misstep from being cut.
• Both his parents, Dennis and Terri, had criminal records, as did much of his extended family.
• Terri allegedly cheated on Dennis before his death with a violent drug dealer named Jeffrey Cummings, then married Cummings after Dennis died and moved him into the house she shared with Aaron.
• In college his coach (then-University of Florida head coach Urban Meyer) may have helped cover up failed drug tests, along with two violent incidents — an assault and a drive-by shootout outside a local bar.
Read more http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1752527-rolling-stone-promises-aaron-hernandez-bombshells-including-angel-dust-use?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t2&utm_source=Chicago+Defender&utm_campaign=929e559a59-Chicago_Defender_Digital_Daily_11_2111_21_2012&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8f5c64e318-929e559a59-821085