Chicago reviewing emergency plan after Boston

Comments:  | Leave A Comment

City-_City_emergency_plan.jpgChicago police patrol downtown May 2012 as protestors gathered for anti-NATO demonstrations. The city put security and other emergency plans in place in advance of the world leaders coming to Chicago for the NATO Summit. In the wake of the Boston Marathon bombings April 15, 2013, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said the city needs to revisit its plans. Photo/Rhonda Gillespie

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel says the city should review its emergency medical response plan after the bombings at the Boston Marathon.

The city prepared a plan before last year’s NATO conference, but Emanuel said Monday that he’s asked city officials to review that plan. He wants them to see if there are any best practices to learn from how Boston responded to the bombings. He also wants to know if there are any changes that should be made to Chicago’s plans.

Boston had a rehearsed emergency response plan. Chicago officials say the city has a similar plan and does training exercise to make sure its first responders are prepared.

Emanuel was speaking at an unrelated news conference.

Tags: » »

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 300 other followers